It’s been awhile since I’ve written a post, because phew life has been crazy y’all. I’ll be sharing more about ALL my chaos as well as what I have in store for the new year later on this month.
So I wanted to do a lunch break quickie. I’m blabbing about my (still) favorite trend ever: VELVET BABY! Last season – I shared all of my favorite crushed blush velvet flats, this year I’ve amped it up to my fave merlot/maroon/burgundy velvet boots scootin booties – YAS. Get ready to sleigh the holidays, velvet style (yes I mean slay, I’m a terrible jokster okay? But you know you’re laughing LOL).
Whether you’re on a budget or have some cash to blow, I’ve linked a few of my faves below as well as what’s pictured!
PICTURED: Public Desire, Size 8 (TTS) Over-the-knee western style boot in beautiful Bordeaux hue. Best part? The chunky-style heel, making them comfortable for any part of your day. Even BETTER than best part? They are ON A CRAAAZZZYYY sale! 25 % off and already under $50!! #WINWIN GET EM GIRL
- But how do I wear them? Here’s how! :::
- work: plaid shirt dress (midi style), silver hoops, natural makeup with winged eyeliner & nude gloss
- casual: heather grey chunky sweater dress (boyfriend style), black choker, olive eye makeup, lashes & pinky-nude gloss
- play: black mesh bodysuit, black denim mini, smoky eye (browns bc I’m blue-eyed), winged liner and a creamy satin merlot lipstick.
MY RUNNER-UP: YEEZY, Size 8 (TTS, but narrow by the toes) ankle booties in a gorgeous oxblood-red with a pointed toe and lace-up front. Talk about a sassy twist on a stiletto! While these are the pricier pick, they’re also 30% off!! You’re welcome. (No Code Necessary). NEED YOU NOW
- Style how-to:
- work: (I’d personally wear these to work): black ribbed turtleneck-style body suit with a midi denim pencil skirt, minimal jewerlry, hair pulled back in a bun, with natural makeup and nude gloss (let the shoes stand out girl!)
- casual: let’s be real there’s nothing casual about these, but if you want a Carrie Bradshaw moment at your local grocer, throw on some stylish black joggers and cropped nude sweater top, no jewelry, minimal makeup, pony tail and nude gloss (when in doubt – always nude gloss)
- play: go all-out! Leather bodysuit with a corset style body con dress and tulle skirt overlay. Just add highlighter, lashes, and a dark wine gloss for some shine.
THE BOOTIE THAT’S SOLD OUT 3X TWO SEASONS IN A ROW AND IS HANDS DOWN MY MOST FAVORITE: 3.1 Phillip Lim (the bootie God), size 8 (TTS) booties with zipper in this incredible Syrah color and black block heel w/ gold detail. Also on sale!! And in stock WOO – 31% off!! ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
- But what do you wear with it?
- work: easy breezy – black gauchos with a crisp white button down top with ruffle sleeves, natural makeup and brownish-gold gloss to accent the gold detail in the bootie with gold stud earrings
- casual: casual turned so simple – black skinnies with oversized, off-the-shoulder chunky cableknit sweater, hair in a high-top messy bun, winged liner, pinky-nude gloss and light blush
- play: stylish black skinny leg overalls with a white mesh undershirt w/ polka dot detail, hair pulled back into a tight bun, with a nude- beige matte gloss
THE AFFORDABLE DUPE: since most of us don’t have $500 to blow on a pair of booties (maybe you do and good for you!) Here are my almost identical- 3.1 Phillip Lim dupes that I personally own and ADORE. Steve Madden “GAZE” in Size 8 (TTS) Burgundy bootie with side zipper and under $80! DO THE HAPPY DANCE.
I could keep the list going, because I’m slightly obsessed with anything lace-up and velvet and then at the same time it’s like magic. And there is no such thing as too much of a good thing – but I think these four booties pretty much sum up the best of the best for what you need this holiday – and into spring (because yes you can wear velvet in spring…).
Let the holidays begin!