That special spot in your home where you sip your morning cup of Colombian or light roast blend of coffee with light milk and no sugar (ok, lots of sugar).
Every morning you wake up you have to have that safe, comfortable, relaxing place to start your day. Whether you read the newspaper, talk to family on the phone, or flip through magazines, it’s so important to take 10 minutes for yourself before jetting off to your car and taking off to work for the day. When you start your day on a comfortable and happy note you are less likely to become easily stressed throughout the day.
Regardless of your personal style there are a few tips and tricks to getting the Most “humble” out of your morning abode.
- Neutrals are your friend – ivory, beige, taupe, blush, heather grey, rustic reddish oranges, sage blue, olive, and off whites
- Make use of accent pillows – pick fuzzy furs, subtle patterns like floral, marble and nature-like objects
- Get a few floor plants – not suggesting turning it into a camping ground or forest, but a nice floor plant like bamboo sticks, tall grass, baby’s breath, and table plants add a touch of nature which accentuates calmness
- Area rug – either get a strong pattern or a simple solid depending on the color of your couch and table – if you have darker furniture get a light color rug and vice versa. Stay away from pure white as that’s hard to clean. If you pick a pattern, you can mismatch your pillows to go along with it. Try to stick to colors like taupe, navy, large diamond shape pattern, criss cross pattern, or patterns like chic boho, vintage, simply modern
- Wall art – pick something striking but pleasing and not alarming or outlandish. Keep it simple but can have a pop of color like the above turquoise and gold. If you have pops of color like gold, red or black in your accent pillows or rug – pick those up and have a smidge of it splashed in the wall art to tie it all together. Don’t be afraid of doing something besides art – like decorative mirrors, wall vases, large wall clocks, and carved wooden canvases
- Storage – there are plenty of unique ways to store blankets, like hanging racks or woven baskets next to the couch to avoid messiness
- Table decor – depending on the table – glass or wooden – depends on your table decor. Stick to things like candles of differentiating heights, mirrored trays, mason jars, or other decorative jars, marble candle holders or antique table clocks
Want advice on how to better decorate your home? Whether it’s your morning coffee abode or where you lay your head at night, send me a message and I’ll write you a personal decoration plan, even if you’re on a tight budget.
Happy decorating ! More to come on decor.. And even my favorite coffees ☕️💘