Yep. It’s almost fall, I’m going there. Being from Wisconsin, fall is a beautiful yet bittersweet season because you know the snowfall that awaits you. However, living in California now, I barely get a glimpse of fall, and have to drive to see the leaves change.
Here’s how you can slowly start to transition to fall fashion without giving up your summer fun.
Back to Basics: the Pre-Fall color palette – I choose to stick with taupe, mauve, burnt orange, rusty red, navy blue and charcoal greys.
These colors are still fun, but muted from the bright blues, pinks, whites and purples you love to flaunt in the summer.
Feel the Fabric – trade your breezy threads for something woven, something suede, even corduroy.
Pick Your Pieces – here’s a few of my favorite staples for pre-fall wardrobe success from skirts to stilettos and in between:
- Corduroy mini skirt w/ front buttons (Front-button skirt in cognac gold, Forever 21, $16)
- Cotton Tie Pants (Singing Songs Pants Olive, Hello Molly, $69)
- Print maxi sleeved dress (Esme dress in Shadow Tulip, Revolve, $171)
- Flowy Cape-Kimono top (Percephone Kafton, For Love & Lemons, $176)
- Trade your swimsuit for a choker body suit, pair it with a light jacket (Powerhouse Black Bodysuit, LuLu’s, $29)
- Long sleeve romper (Sugar & Spice Playsuit, Mura Boutique, $53)
- Suede heels (as worn in blog photo – Mayelin in taupe, Shoedazzle, $60)
- Peep toe booties (Ruched ankle in black, MISSGUIDED, $56)
Not to mention – coming soon – ALL the latest and greatest #booties I love for fall! Not to mention 50 shades of denim and jackets.