Navy blue has always been one of my favorite colors – and this season it’s making a HUGE comeback with the velvet trend. From subtle and soft to crazy and crushed – this fabric has unapologetically taken the spotlight for fall/winter – including these lace-up navy beauties (pictured above) that are not only under $100, but SUPER comfortable and have the cutest gold, lace-up and zipper details – don’t worry I’m going to tell you where to find them – and they’re still in stock!
Wearing velvet is a very intricate and challenging style – not everything goes with velvet and there are definitely right and wrong ways to pull it off. While velvet has been used for CENTURIES and is known to be a comfortable fabric – one that belonged to the cloaks and gowns of Kings and Queens robes and the medieval curtains that draped castle walls – designers such as Phillip Lim and Gianvito Rossi have taken a different approach by giving that same velvet fabric a hip, sporty and sexy new name in fashion.
While I’ve mentioned velvet in a few posts recently – this is your ULTIMATE buying guide to picking out the perfect pair of velvet booties for your personal style. I’ll be posting again later this month with a fun collab for how to style an entire outfit while incorporating velvet.
THE REAL DEAL (If you’re willing to shell it out for name’s sake…)
- Kyoto Bootie in Royal Blue Velvet, 3.1 Phillip Lim, $625 – These are my absolute favorite velvet bootie – while they do come with a steep price tag, you actually have to sign up on Lyst because it is completely sold out on every outlet right now!
- Baroque Floral Print Velvet Bootie in Cachi , Aquazzura, $825 – I absolutely love the texture difference on these booties – it’s not soft, and its not crushed – but it has a floral pattern to it while maintaining a neutral mahogany – camel color that’s easy to pair with anything – unlike a majority of velvet booties.
- Nehir Embellished Velvet Sandal, Paul Andrew, $1,495 – While this is not exactly a bootie, I think it is one of the most unique, extravagant and gorgeous pairs of velvet heels I have come across yet this season. You don’t even need a reason to wear them – I would wear them to Target, I would wear them to the movies, I would wear them everywhere (JK I would probably put them in a glass box with a padlock for safe keeping from dust bunnies, dirt and thieves).
THE REAL STEALS (These are PERFECT dupes to the designer deals)!
- (PICTURED) Blue Velvet Lace-Up Heeled Bootie, Zara, $69.95 – this boot is the perfect height and SO cute with the black lace-up and gold hardware details. It does however run a half size large w/ a wider fit so keep that in mind when considering size.
- Bojana Ankle Boot in Midnight Velvet, Rebecca Minkoff, $150 – this boot is a nearly identical dupe to the Phillip Lim drool-worthy navy bootie listed under designer deals – just a tad different toe shape, slightly more subtle velvet texture and missing the silver detail – definitely not deal breakers in comparison.
- Logan Circle Heel Ankle Boot in Velvet Navy, Kendall + Kylie, $190 – the K+K speaks for itself – these are to die for.
- Luxe Velvet High Ankle Boot in Blue Navy, Steve Madden, $99.95 – this is such a fun and versatile bootie that you could dress up or wear with denim because it comes in 9 colors.. even burgundy!! (my absolute favorite color that I wrote an entire post about as well- “Bordeaux is the New Black”)
TIME TO CRUSH
- Perspex Heeled Sock Bootie in Crushed Pink Velvet, MISSGUIDED, $68 – and RIGHT NOW it’s 35% off when you use code “whoa35” AND free shipping – limited time.
- KRAZY Pointed Toe Short Bootie in Crushed Black, TopShop, $60 – this fun velvet bootie is casual enough and short enough it can be utilized as an every day staple black bootie! Comfortable + cute = goals.
- Paramount Ankle Boot in Red Suede w/ Crushed Red Velvet chunk heel, Free People, $198 – this is my 2nd favorite pair out of the list – w/ a retro inspired style including a square toe and poppy red color- ONLY the heel is crushed velvet – the rest of the bootie is a smooth red suede – making for a fun contrast yet classy enough to wear on the regular. Could pair it with a nude color jumpsuit and leather moto jacket for pop of color on a night out!
While the velvet trend will probably fizzle out – don’t be afraid to indulge in the trend and have fun with the new obsessions that come out every season! It’s never a waste of money when you’re stretching your limits and trying new things (no I don’t mean go bankrupt kind of stretching-your-pockets-type limits).
Want advice/ help picking or coordinating your own pair of velvet booties or an entire outfit? Comment below or shoot me a message or DM on instagram @seasaltandstilettos and I’ll connect with you there!
Hopefully now you know how to velvet and can take some of my recommendations and put them to good use!
Find your pair of velvet beauties? Tag #seasaltandvelvet for a chance to be featured on my blog and insta !
Have a great day lovies,