It’s almost time. The day has come, and I’m about to take off on a 10 day adventure across the world to Thailand! This has been my dream trip for as long as I can remember. As you can imagine, I’ve been researching, planning and organizing all aspects for quite some time, should the opportunity ever arise to be able to go.
One of the first things I learned about Thailand is to pack VERY lightly. Thailand is a very relaxed, laid back and simple country where very little is needed when visiting – unlike Paris where if you forget your red bottoms you may as well turn the plane around… or just buy some new ones 😉
With that being said, it was almost more difficult to simplify my “outfit plan” for my trip – yes I “outfit plan” because I am slightly OCD – due to the fact that I have to cut out all the cute dresses, fun heels and glittery ensembles. This is also because Thailand is not a materialistic country. Wearing expensive clothes and flashy jewelry only draws attention to you as a tourist/outsider and also makes you a target for pick-pocketing, which is a large problem in the Thai tourism industry.
Today I am sharing a little about the outfits I am packing with a sneak peek at my itinerary – which also works as my “outfit guide.” (I’ll be sharing more details about the different places I go around Thailand later next week!)
FIRST LEG – BANGKOK
Hospitality: High-rise apartment in mid-city Bangkok close to shopping, temples and other attractions; equipped with an infinity pool attached to the unit.
Most excited about: Seeing all of the temples, trying new food and rooftop bars to see the Bangkok skyline!
Main threads: Cotton maxi dress, comfortable sandals, off the shoulder crop top and denim cut off shorts.
Day 1: Since we’ll be walking around and going to see all of the temples, it’s important that I respect their culture and cover up the majority of my body.
- Make it Official maxi dress in black, LuLu’s, $38
- Kenley New Wave Scarf in Cold Steel, DVF, $268
- Lost Gardens silk scarf in black floral, Ted Baker London, $129
- Addison scrappy sandal in black suede, Billini, $79.99
Day 2: Catch the remaining temples, do a city tour motor bike style, visit the floating market, famous parks and shopping center.
- Off-the-shoulder ruffle top in light blue pin stripe, Mura Boutique, $34
- Jack High-rise short in Sawtelle distressed wash, Lovers + Friends, $138
- Erlina flat lace-up Gladiator Sandal in Cognac Brown, Schutz Shoes, $200
SECOND LEG – KRABI – PHI PHI ISLAND – PHUKET
Hospitality: A private dorm-style room at a hostel close to the beach with bunk beds to fit all four of us; other travelers stay here and they offer complimentary breakfast and activity recommendations.
Most excited about: Glass bottom boat ride through Railay Beach and scuba diving at Phi Phi islands.
Main Threads: KINIS ALL DAYY
- My go-to turquoise one piece that fits me like a GLOVE – Apia One Piece in Coastal, Cabana Anna Swimwear, $169
- My new fave Corsica Lace Halter, $99, and Baja Cheekies, $79, in Midnight Rosebud Lace, Cabana Anna Swimwear (I’m absolutely OBSESSED with the rose gold seahorse and details on the strings!)
- Mind Bali Soul Collection, San Lorenzo, $94+
THIRD LEG – CHIANGMAI
Hospitality: A traditional Thai style condo with comfortable bedding and close proximity to all the temples and attractions.
I am most excited about: Volunteering at an elephant rehabilitation sanctuary and thai cooking class!
Main Threads: target, black swallow, sperry sandals
- Talk about comfy staple piece – Racerback tank in heather gray, Victorias Secret, $12.95
- Flowy pocket T-shirt basic in black, Target, $12.95
- Cut-off jean shorts in distressed medium wash, Rag & Bone, $165
- These are SO comfortable and great alt to converse w/ more support: Top-sider Pier View slip-on sneaker in white, Sperry, $59.95
Can’t wait to share more of my trip with you guys! Xxx