Even though my website is currently under construction and looking a little rough, I really wanted to share some of my favorite styles for one of my favorite holidays as well as traditions I’ve experienced over the years, across three states, all for the 4th of July! There’s nothing I love more than having an excuse to dress up, get friends together, BBQ and hang outside with music and games. The 4th of July is also one of the very few times I wear red, I honestly think it’s a hard color to pull off and pair just right (but who can go wrong with a simple tank and cut off jean shorts? No one).
Growing up in Wisconsin – it was tradition to watch the fireworks at the gazebo in Fond du Lac, then when we moved to Sheboygan, the tradition was Lake Michigan with the huge bonfire and fireworks show – not to mention BBQ’ing at a friends beforehand with – you guessed it – bratwurst, cheese curds and some Blue Moon or Bud light (#TWM = total Wisconsin move).
Going to college in Missouri – it was tradition to go to Lake of the Ozarks, stay at a cute lake cabin with the girls and bar hop to all the little lake bars! Not to mention cliff diving, tubing and watching fireworks from a friend’s boat.
Moving to Los Angeles – it’s a popular choice to head down to the infamous Newport Beach, where they have a parade and slew of beach house and rooftop parties all along the peninsula, you can hop from house to house and probably run into someone you know every time! Not to mention, it’s a blast to watch the fireworks from the beach, and see them reflect on the ocean at night. Then, it’s off to the bars on the Strand! (This will be my second year doing this!)
So – in addition to all the traditions – I wanted to share some simple styles you can easily throw together last minute – and possibly already have in your closet!
Top: Solana Halter top in Ruby Rose, Cabana Anna Swim, $84.99
– what’s fun about this look is it’s actually a swim suit bandeau top that can also be worn as a crop top when paired with highwaisted shorts or skirt! And, you’re already ready to jump into the beach, pool, river, or lake!
Bottoms: High waisted shorts (these are last season Zara – but I’ve linked a dupe!) Boho Short in Breakup Blue, Nobody Demin – Revolve, $149
Bombshell Red Favorites:
- Clayton Top with lace and pom pom details by Tularosa, shop: Revolve, $103
- I’d pair this with high waisted shorts, same as in “Pictured”!
- Button-detailed quilted red denim high waisted shorts by Pierre Balmain, shop: net-a-porter, $325 (50% off!!)
- I’d pair this with a white tucked in tank top for simplicity
- Off-the-shoulder blouse tank with open shoulders and ties, Amazon Style, $8
- I’d pair this with a fun denim mini for midriff coverage
- Cora Embroidered Minidress by Free People, shop: Nordstrom, $148
- **I’m overall obsessed with this Minidress – Free People is one of my FAVORITE brands, and worth the price – their quality is incredible.
- Wilson Tie Top in Bonfire Crisp, shop: Show Me Your Mumu, $118
- So simple, and transitional, pair it with some cute white shorts during the day, then slip into denim midi and wedges for a cute-casual evening!
- Lilly Lady Dress in classic polka dot navy blue, Auguste The Label, $159
- **Hands down one of my favorite dresses I’ve come across lately – it’s fun, sassy and classy! Pair with some heeled sandals or wedges!
- Yakura flouncy Gingham one-shoulder cropped top by Viva Aviva, shop: Saks Fifth Avenue, $88.50
- I can’t help but dive into the Gingham trend happening this summer – it has such an old fashioned sexiness to it, especially with this gorgeous ruffle off the shoulder crop top! Pair with some light wash denim shorts, or be bold and go with a mustard color and camel wedges! (and of course a tassel-pom pom tote is always a great accessory)
- Vienna Mornings Wrap Blouse in blue stripes, shop: 12th Tribe, $68
- I’m not usually a fan of stripes whatsoever… but this fun, flouncy wrap blouse is SO chic with the sassy off-the-shoulderness.
Darling Denim Picks:
- Stone Washed Scallops Embroidery Shorts in Light Blue by Red Valentino, shop: Luxury Zappos, $197
- Scalloped detail – need I say more?
- High-waisted Blue Note shorts w/ red & black embroidery and fringed cuffs, Blank Denim, shop: Shopbop, $61.60 (30% off!)
- I am always a fan of embroidery – I think it’s a fun yet simple way to flair up any old pair of shorts/jeans.
- MOTO Wrap denim skirt in light blue faded wash, shop: TopShop, $60.00
- Because who doesn’t love moto style? And light wash denim? YES PLEASE.
- Cat eye (my fave): Quay Australia My Girl oversized sunnies in Tortoise, Quay, $55
- Circles: Crap Eyewear, The Tuff Patrol Gold sunglasses, LuLus, $78
- Aviator: Gucci aviators w/ crosshatching details w/ chic metal, Nordstrom Rack, $120
- Colored lense: Diff Cruz Matte Gold frame Pink Mirror lens, Diff Eyewear, $60
Comment below on what your favorite pieces are and tell me about your 4th of July traditions!! I can’t wait to put glitter stars on my face, watch the parade, and eat a red, white and blue cupcake (because someone always brings patriotic cupcakes – aka ME!!)
Have fun and stay safe loves!