Whoever made the rule about no white after a certain date is seriously disturbed. I could wear white all year round! Especially my accessories like these gorgeous white Chanel, satchel and saddle bags! Coming soon #otb 💋💋☁️
It’s the most ghoul-ious time of the year! I’m here to help with those of you having last-minute woes about what wear for Halloween, and you just might have it in your closet! But don’t worry, it’s not too late with. These inspo styles incorporating California-chic swimwear with a Halloween twist are to die for. From Greek Goddess to Sassy Sailor, Daring Devil and Chanel from Scream Queen, they’re all here. Best part about these costumes is that the bikini you can wear again! Not to mention all the clothing paired with it – no need to stow away till next year.
Here are 4 looks for halloween that any ghoul can put together (and quickly) PLUS use code “ABBY15” at check-out for 15% off! Local to Southern California? Ask about expedited shipping!
Links to shop embedded in each “CASWIM” tag below in pink.
LOOK #1 – Greek Goddess
- BIKINI TOP: Corsica Lace Halter top in ivory/white, CASWIM, $99.99
- SKIRT: Eyelash Lace Maxi skirt, Forever21, $24.90
- You can also buy/use a white sheet and cut into a skirt and tie on the side
- GLITTER LIPS: Supafly Gold, Major Mooshine, $28
- GOLD CROWN: any Party City / Claires
- ONE PIECE BODYSUIT/BIKINI: Apia one piece in Red, CASWIM, $169.99
- RED HOT SKINNIES: Slim fit leggings in Red, H&M, $17.99
- RED HEELS: Treasure Pointy Toe Pump, BCBG, $48.99 (30% off!!)
- RED LIPS: Revolution High Shine Gloss in Bright Red, Urban Decay, $22
- DEVIL HORNS: any Party City / Claires / Target / CVS
- TOP: Solana Halter top in Ruby Red, CASWIM, $84.99
- HIGH WAISTED SHORTS/SKIRT
- RED LIPS: Lip Maestro in Red Matte Color #400, Giorgio Armani Beauty, $38
- SAILOR HAT: Party City/Party store
- ONE PIECE BODYSUIT/ BIKINI: Apia one piece in Petal, CASWIM, $169.99
- FUR COAT/VEST:
- NUDE HEELS: Zendaya Cut out Pointy toe Pump, DAYA, $89.95
- PINK LIPS: Everlasting Liquid Satin Lipstick in Lovesick Mauve Nude, Kat Von D, $20
Don’t have time to throw something together or go shopping? Shoot me a message and let’s set up a Skype session where I help you make something from your very own closet. Local to Southern California/Los Angeles? Shoot me a message and I’ll arrange a personal visit (rates apply).
Navy blue has always been one of my favorite colors – and this season it’s making a HUGE comeback with the velvet trend. From subtle and soft to crazy and crushed – this fabric has unapologetically taken the spotlight for fall/winter – including these lace-up navy beauties (pictured above) that are not only under $100, but SUPER comfortable and have the cutest gold, lace-up and zipper details – don’t worry I’m going to tell you where to find them – and they’re still in stock!
Wearing velvet is a very intricate and challenging style – not everything goes with velvet and there are definitely right and wrong ways to pull it off. While velvet has been used for CENTURIES and is known to be a comfortable fabric – one that belonged to the cloaks and gowns of Kings and Queens robes and the medieval curtains that draped castle walls – designers such as Phillip Lim and Gianvito Rossi have taken a different approach by giving that same velvet fabric a hip, sporty and sexy new name in fashion.
While I’ve mentioned velvet in a few posts recently – this is your ULTIMATE buying guide to picking out the perfect pair of velvet booties for your personal style. I’ll be posting again later this month with a fun collab for how to style an entire outfit while incorporating velvet.
THE REAL DEAL (If you’re willing to shell it out for name’s sake…)
- Kyoto Bootie in Royal Blue Velvet, 3.1 Phillip Lim, $625 – These are my absolute favorite velvet bootie – while they do come with a steep price tag, you actually have to sign up on Lyst because it is completely sold out on every outlet right now!
- Baroque Floral Print Velvet Bootie in Cachi , Aquazzura, $825 – I absolutely love the texture difference on these booties – it’s not soft, and its not crushed – but it has a floral pattern to it while maintaining a neutral mahogany – camel color that’s easy to pair with anything – unlike a majority of velvet booties.
- Nehir Embellished Velvet Sandal, Paul Andrew, $1,495 – While this is not exactly a bootie, I think it is one of the most unique, extravagant and gorgeous pairs of velvet heels I have come across yet this season. You don’t even need a reason to wear them – I would wear them to Target, I would wear them to the movies, I would wear them everywhere (JK I would probably put them in a glass box with a padlock for safe keeping from dust bunnies, dirt and thieves).
THE REAL STEALS (These are PERFECT dupes to the designer deals)!
- (PICTURED) Blue Velvet Lace-Up Heeled Bootie, Zara, $69.95 – this boot is the perfect height and SO cute with the black lace-up and gold hardware details. It does however run a half size large w/ a wider fit so keep that in mind when considering size.
- Bojana Ankle Boot in Midnight Velvet, Rebecca Minkoff, $150 – this boot is a nearly identical dupe to the Phillip Lim drool-worthy navy bootie listed under designer deals – just a tad different toe shape, slightly more subtle velvet texture and missing the silver detail – definitely not deal breakers in comparison.
- Logan Circle Heel Ankle Boot in Velvet Navy, Kendall + Kylie, $190 – the K+K speaks for itself – these are to die for.
- Luxe Velvet High Ankle Boot in Blue Navy, Steve Madden, $99.95 – this is such a fun and versatile bootie that you could dress up or wear with denim because it comes in 9 colors.. even burgundy!! (my absolute favorite color that I wrote an entire post about as well- “Bordeaux is the New Black”)
TIME TO CRUSH
- Perspex Heeled Sock Bootie in Crushed Pink Velvet, MISSGUIDED, $68 – and RIGHT NOW it’s 35% off when you use code “whoa35” AND free shipping – limited time.
- KRAZY Pointed Toe Short Bootie in Crushed Black, TopShop, $60 – this fun velvet bootie is casual enough and short enough it can be utilized as an every day staple black bootie! Comfortable + cute = goals.
- Paramount Ankle Boot in Red Suede w/ Crushed Red Velvet chunk heel, Free People, $198 – this is my 2nd favorite pair out of the list – w/ a retro inspired style including a square toe and poppy red color- ONLY the heel is crushed velvet – the rest of the bootie is a smooth red suede – making for a fun contrast yet classy enough to wear on the regular. Could pair it with a nude color jumpsuit and leather moto jacket for pop of color on a night out!
While the velvet trend will probably fizzle out – don’t be afraid to indulge in the trend and have fun with the new obsessions that come out every season! It’s never a waste of money when you’re stretching your limits and trying new things (no I don’t mean go bankrupt kind of stretching-your-pockets-type limits).
Want advice/ help picking or coordinating your own pair of velvet booties or an entire outfit? Comment below or shoot me a message or DM on instagram @seasaltandstilettos and I’ll connect with you there!
Hopefully now you know how to velvet and can take some of my recommendations and put them to good use!
Find your pair of velvet beauties? Tag #seasaltandvelvet for a chance to be featured on my blog and insta !
Have a great day lovies,
There’s something about having white in your room that creates such an ambient environment – bright, airy, clean – a new day. When you open your curtains, the whole room brightens – bouncing off of your white comforter, pillows, throws.
This gorgeous bedroom inspo w/ luxe white and gold details is the perfect balance of modern white and touch of grey, gold and of course the splash of flowers. I’ve dug through some of my favorite places for decor like Lulu & Georgia, One Kings Lane, Z Gallerie and west elm. If you are looking for something that’s unique, individual to your style and within price range – these are all good options – without losing any quality. I also LOVE utilizing Etsy and Amazon for all my small decor details for things like side tables and tray settings.
While I’m more of a light ivory/taupe kind of person because I love vintage style, white decor is the next best thing in line with a modern, clean feel. I’m revealing where you can get your hands on this headboard plus a few more of my favorite items to brighten up and refresh your sleeping quarters. There’s nothing like changing up your room to change up your lifestyle. I’m no doctor, but I fully believe that refreshing the style of your bedroom can refresh the style of your life – and potentially refresh the way you sleep. There is science in color – including white.
- Twill Wingback Headboard in White by Alcott Hill – Queen, Wayfair, $559.99 (pictured)
- Adler Tufted Headboard in White – Queen, Z Gallerie, $599 (personal favorite)
- Miller Studded Headboard in Cream Velvet – Queen, One Kings Lane, $375
THE COMFORTER – the key here is fabric and texture – you want to avoid the “hotel” or “hospital bed” vibe by incorporating soft microfiber or cozy textures such as quilted or tufted styles and scalloped edges or lacy trim details
- (pictured) Belgian Flax Linen Diamond Quilt & Sham, Pottery Barn, $299
- Organic Cotton Pintuck Duvet Cover + Shams – White – Full/Queen, west elm, $206 total
- Chloe Tufted Medallion Comforter – Ivory White, Urban Outfitters, $189
- Nicole Tiered Lamp Set in Crystal/Chrome, One Kings Lane, $119
- Bemina Table Lamp in Rustic Silver, Lulu & Georgia, $218
- Table Lamp-Maeryn in Metallic Silver, Living Spaces, $130
- Fishs Eddy Gilded Cafe Mirror Tray w/ gold, west elm, $48
- Neffertiti Gold Tray (Set of 2), Lulu & Georgia, $133
- Faux Blush Hydrangea Stems, Pier 1, $6.95 (x3)
- Burnished Candles in Gold Volcano and Bronze Lagoon w/ white+black marble top, anthropologie, $18-$30
- Agate Coasters Set of 4 or 6 Gold Rimmed Coasters in Purple, Etsy (BullCityGems), $65-$100 and there are other colors; there are also gorgeous bookends or stand alone quartzite you can use as simple decor on the tray – so make sure to venture around Etsy for great deals.
- Louisa Candleholder, Gold – Multiple sizes, Lulu & Georgia, $20-27.50
- Clear Glass Pyramid Tabletop Succulent Plant, Amazon (HomeIdeas), $19.99
Whether you’re a fan of white color bedrooms or not, you can use this same method of pairing and planning for the color of your choice. Whether you are going for more of a beige, dark brown or even something flashier like red or purple – it’s easy to coordinate all the right details to make your space reflect your personality.
Want help coordinating, planning and picking? I offer interior design and decorating services so shoot me a DM on instagram @seasaltandstilettos or comment below and I’d be happy to connect and help you craft your space.
Sweet dreams lovies,
Merlot – Maroon – Bordeaux – Ruby – Granite – Burgundy – Sienna – I am OBSESSING over all these shades of red wine as the color of the season for fall 2016. From lace up heels to booties and slip on flats made of leather, velvet and suede – I want them ALL. But I am just going to share a few of my favorites that are HOT BUYs right now – links below to shop!
I am very picky about the shoes I buy – it is never random or sporadic – I always have a well thought out plan and intention for the heels I add to my glorious shelves. However, when I saw these bordeaux beauties – you bet I jumped on them. How could I not since they were less than $50? These are chic enough to wear for a classy night out, but cool enough to snazz up a pair of light wash destroyed denim or mustard corduroy skirt for a casual occasion (minus the being casual because LBH nothing about these are casual unless you are a complete shoeaholic like me).
Here I’ve gathered all of my faves – including outfit inspo for how I would pair each style – every outfit can truly be worn for many occasions – for all price ranges.
Steal of the Day: Lace-up Suede Booties in Wine, Forever 21, $34.90
- Block Pump Heel in Wine Suede, Shoes of Prey, $238
- Pair with a nude shift dress and black pattern scarf, minimal gold jewelry
- Over-the-Knee boot in Burgundy Velvet, Zara, $119
- Pair with a black sheer romper with dark metal statement necklace
- Carima Flat in Bordeaux Velvet, Kate Spade New York, $250
- Pair with black destroyed high-waisted denim and preppy ivory blouse w/ hanging bow-tie and diamond studs and rose gold watch
- Kylie Strappy Peep Toe Heeled Sandal in Burgundy Velvet, Alexandre Birman, $640
- Pair with midnight blue denim and ivory-black high-low flannel (tuck in the front), black choker and gold chain link bracelet-watch combo
- Carusso Lace-up Peep Toe Bootie in Burgundy Nubuck Leather, Steve Madden, $149.95
- Pair with a suede mustard mini skater skirt w/ buttons down the front and ivory lace long sleeve body suite w/ belle sleeve detail – simple black gem teardrop studs and matching black ring
- Leather-paneled Suede Ankle Boots in Sienna Red, Chloé, $1,050
- Pair with a black shift dress and long metallic layered chain necklace and turquoise statement ring
- Chic Ankle Strap Heels in Velvet Merlot, LuLu’s, $38
- Pair with an ivory body con backless dress and long gold earrings, gold rings
- Felicia Pointed Mid-Calf Boots in Dark Red, Kendall + Kylie, $165
Now time to go find a pumpkin patch 😉 Happy fall shopping! Xx
I’ve always been a lover of the ocean, but ever since moving to California, that love and admiration has grown deeper than the ocean itself (5 points for cheesiness).
Came across this video today and had to share with you all! It’s absolutely AMAZINGG. 🙌🏽🐬🚁
📸▶️ Ocean Bliss
There are a lot of new trends hitting the runway this season for fall like chokers, velvet booties, bell sleeves, braids are back, and fun slip ons and loafers for the stylish yet workaholic ladies. However, the one trend that is way underrated this season, is the metallic manicure. From prism purples/greens to rose gold and platinum shiny silver – it is all the rage right now. Recently, I went for the rusty rose gold w/ red & bronze undertones and one accent nail with a light blush nude polish and mixture of rose gold and clear diamond/prism gems in an uneven pattern.
You may be wondering where I get all of these crazy nail ideas – and I owe most of them to Pinterest. Not interested in the metallic craze? Below are a few of my other most favorite nail designs that I’ve recently had.
Here are a few tips to executing a flawless, unique or simple nail design idea:
- Establish your base color
- Studs or gems?
- Lines or shapes?
- Prism or ombre
- Matte , metallic or glossy
Usually I only pick 2 of the above options, in addition to establishing my base color, and move forward from there.
For example, this time I knew I wanted the metallic trend, but also wanted gems on one finger since I haven’t had gems in a while. So I chose the Rose Gold metallic as my main base color, and the light blush nude as my secondary base color – which is where I added in the choice of gems.
For Christmas last year – I made it simple and went with a darker rosey red w/ gold square studs at the bottom of each nail (pic below)
After the above nails, I was obsessed with white nails – so decided to go all out gems – unicorn princess style, like the below. You can also find nail designs on my pinterest that have gem arrangement ideas.
There’s also the color accent on a single finger – usually pointer. My last mani was a light grey with neon yellow pointer finger and silver sparkle accent fingers – but the neon yellow is what stood out. I would recommend using the silver glitter w/ larger sparkles, but my salon didn’t have that. (see pic below of what I wanted – what I got was VERY similar – just smaller sparkles)
With Halloween coming up, there are so many fun ways to spice up your mani game – my favorite being my nails from last year when I was a cheetah/cat and got nude nails with a gold sparkle finger and cheetah print spots on another finger. So original, I know – but my makeup and nails made it original.
I also get A LOT of questions about whether or not my nails are real, and YES they are real. Of course I have had some mishaps in the past and have had to get an acrylic or two so they didn’t look like nubs – but overall I have always had good nail bits. One product that has helped that is myItWorks hair skin nails supplements – which also helps your hair grow, but makes my nails grow like WEEDS. Which is also how I get to try out so many different manicure styles – because I am going back to Kim every 3 weeks (at least).
If you live in the Los Angeles area – check out PerfectTen Nails Spa in Moorpark, Studio City – and ask for Kim. Tell her Abby sent you and she’ll make sure to take good care of you – and give you a good deal! She’s the most bang for your buck you’ll find in this city.
Want more ideas? Check out my Pinterest: Must-Have Mani board for more nail design inspo.
Happy Monday! 🙂